More and more we hear that the young folks are so busy that they really don’t have time for their parents and grandparents anymore. Recently we received this message from a parent who spent time at the lodge with his teenage son – just two of them in the boat – here it is: “He & I talked so much about the past, future, history, evolution/natural selection & politics… he is so incredibly informed & with an amazingly objective view of the world ….
I ever really knew him until now & I’m am so proud of him…”
This pandemic has kept apart families & our lodge closed for two seasons. However, we are ramping up for an amazing season in 2022, so contact us today to book your trip dates. Thanks once again to all our valued guests who have rolled over deposits & full payments to next year.
We know that the wait will be worth it!
If you have canned salmon left from an earlier trip, try this recipe & dream about magical Rivers Inlet where the bald eagles soar above & the humpback whales put on a show for you as you wait for the big salmon or halibut to bite…
To secure your favourite time to fish with us, contact us today…
Sincerely, Barbara Kelly/Owner
If you haven’t experimented with canned salmon yet, your world is about to be rocked. This recipe is way easier than cooking a filet.
You can use it like you would canned tuna: in salads, pastas, as a burger base, or as a substitute for raw fish in sushi bowls.
Sending some of your catch straight to St. Jean’s Cannery is a service offered by The Sportsman’s Club and is an excellent way to enjoy delicious fish all winter long.
You’re going to love these Healthy Salmon Avocado Boats. They’re made with flakey salmon, tons of fresh herbs, and ripe avocados.
- 2 avocados, halved
- 2 cans Chicken of the Sea® Skinless & Boneless Pink Salmon in EZ-Open Cans
- 2 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 2 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- optional: sriracha, to taste
- First, slice open 2 avocados and remove the pits. Set aside.
- Then, mix together the rest of the ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
- Fill each avocado half with 1/4 of the salmon salad. Top with sriracha and a squeeze of lemon.
Tips & Notes
If you are only eating 1 serving at a time, make sure you keep the pit of the avocado inside the second half of the avocado. Place in a plastic bag and into the fridge for later!
Here are 15 more great recipes for canned salmon.